BUSINESS OBJECTIVES, JUSTIFICATION:
Each of the past three strategic plans launched and became unachievable due to unforeseen circumstances; stock market crash of 2008/2009, consolidation announcement in 2013, and transitions in the President’s office. Thus, the purpose of this project is to implement a sustainable strategic planning approach that embraces the diverse and complex nature of Kennesaw State University.
The Strategic Planning efforts of KSU will build off the guiding principle set by President Sam Olens; “Student Success is Our Number One Priority”.
- There is no “typical” KSU student, faculty, or staff
- Every student is a potential success story
- Funding from the State will stay flat (at best)
- Student loan debt is a real challenge/problem
- Every KSU faculty and staff member is committed to the success of KSU and its students
- We are operating from a position of strength
- University System of Georgia
- Students and their parents
SCOPE OF PROJECT:
- A small group will evaluate the universities Mission and Vision for possible changes
- Document which includes strategic themes, goals, and strategies
- Strategic Themes outline core priorities for the university as a whole.
- Strategic Goals are proposed outcomes that, if achieved, will credibly signify an advance in KSU’s performance.
- A strategy is a sustained and coordinated initiative designed to pursue a specific outcome.
- Process which allows for the annual evaluation of effectiveness and prioritization of goals
Not in Scope:
- Altering the cycle for Improve KSU
- While this project includes notifying divisions, colleges, units, and departments of the expectation to align internal strategic plan documents and timeline with the University’s plan, this project will not develop or enforce a process for this alignment
Name committee membersSeptember 2017
Kickoff and Charge of committeeOctober 2017
Identification of ThemesOctober 2017
Develop GoalsNovember 2017
Listening SessionsJanuary - February 2018
Determine Strategies and Develop sustainable planning approachJanuary 2018
Revise Goals and StrategiesMarch 2018
Faculty, Staff, and Administrator VoteApril 2018
Final document deliveryMay 2018